Frequently Asked Questions

How do I set up new service for Water and Garbage collection?

New customers requesting new service must apply at the District’s Billing office.

Physical location: 7702 FM 1960 East, Suite # 100, Humble, Texas 77346.

Items required for connection of Service:

  • Drivers Licenses or Valid Government I.D.
  • Proof of Ownership or Lease Agreement
  • Deposit: $300.00 and a Connection/Transfer Fee of $50.00 non-refundable

What forms of Payment does the District accept?

Monthly Automatic Bank Draft: Payments are drafted at no charge from the customer banking institution on the 20th of each month. Should the 20th fall on a weekend, payment will be drafted the next business day. Customers will still receive a bill via mail and it will be clearly marked (Do Not Pay). Residents should receive their monthly bill no later than the 10th of each month. If you are interested in this option and need more information regarding the ACH payment options or if you do not receive your bill, please contact a Billing Representative at 281-324-9803.

Via Mail: A envelope is provided in the monthly bill for customers to remit payment. The address to remit your payment to is P.O. Box 1186, Crosby, Texas 77532. This address is also printed the remittance portion of your bill. If payment is mailed, please allow 5 to 7 business days for payment to reach the District Billing office prior to the penalty date.

Business office: Payments are accepted at the District Billing office located at 7702 FM 1960 East, Suite # 100, Humble, Texas 77346. The Office hours are Monday – Thursday 9:00am to 4:30pm and Friday from 9:00am to 1:00pm. Forms of payment accepted in the office are: Personal Check, Cashier’s Check, Money Order, and all Major Credit Cards.

Web Payments: Credit cards are accepted online. Credit cards accepted are Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express.  To register your account or pay as a guest online please log onto:

What Items will I need to have to register online?

 Items Needed to register Online:

Please Note, the log on information is case sensitive

  • Account Number exactly as it is printed on your bill
  • District Code: 57
  • Address exactly as printed on your bill
  • Account holder’s name exactly as on your bill

Please note that when paying online you will be charged a 3% transaction/convenience fee which will be a separate transaction charged to your credit card. The charge will show as AVR on your credit card statement. This fee is charged by the Software provider, AVR. Newport MUD does not receive any portion of this fee.  Please contact a Billing Representative for more information regarding this service or if you need any assistance logging on at 281-324-9803.

What amenities does Newport Municipal Utility District maintain for Residential use?

Newport MUD Park and Trails

Newport MUD maintains 3 parks; Port O Call Park, Flying Bridge Park, and South Diamondhead Park, along with 2.6 miles of walking / Nature trails. Each park location has restrooms for your convenience along with a Water Feature/Splash Pad at the Port O Call Park. Residents will need a Key Fob to gain access to all restrooms and the Water Feature/Splash Pad. Newport MUD Park and Trails Rules and Regulations are posted at all Park Sites.

To report any vandalism, maintenance, or Key Fob access issues regarding parks/trails please contact the District Operator immediately at 281-324-9803.

What are the Park and Trails Hours?

Newport MUD park Hours are Daylight to Dark Only.

How do I purchase a Key Fob?

Key Fobs can be purchased at the District Billing office for a cost of $20.00 per Fob (Limit 2 per household).

  • You must be a Newport Resident and the Primary account holder to purchase a Key Fob.
  • Driver Licenses or Valid Government I.D. required
  • Must be current on your water bill

How do I reserve the Park Pavilion for Events?

The Park Pavilions are available to be reserved for events/parties for Newport Resident only, for a fee. The fee varies for the different Park sites and are as follows:

Deposit for all Park sites: $200.00 (refundable pending no damages or no need for excessive cleanup at the pavilion after event, as reported by park staff)

Nonrefundable Reservation fee:

Port O Call Park Pavilion: $100.00

Flying Bridge or South Diamondhead Park Pavilion: $75.00

When Reserving the park pavilion for events/parties you will need to go in person to the Billing office and show proof of residency (Driver’s license or Valid Government I.D.) and pay all fees before your reservation will be confirmed. Please contact the District Operator for more information regarding reserving the pavilion at 281-324-9803.

When is my Bill Due?

The Monthly bill is due upon receipt. A penalty of 10% will be assessed and added to your account If payment is not received in the office by the 20th., the District Penalty date noted on your bill. If you do not receive your water bill by the 10th of the month, please contact the District Billing office at 281-324-9803 and a Billing Representative will be able to assist you.

What is the minimum Bill?

The minimum water bill in Newport for single family residences is $81.35 (0 to 4 thousand gallons of water.)

This includes Water, Sewer, and Garbage. For more detailed information on the rates in Newport please refer to the Rate Order Fee Schedule on the Documents page.

Dark ModeLight Mode